Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why Dr. Cox hates Hugh Jackman

I've been asked by several readers why the character Dr. Cox dislikes High Jackman, making several jokes about him on the show. Here's as good an answer as I think we'll ever get.

SOURCE

Q: I was watching Scrubs the other day and I got thinking. Why is it that Dr. Cox hates Hugh Jackman? I'm sure someone's already asked this but it's something i've been wondering about for a while now.
-Flagg

A: Why would he not hate Hugh Jackman? From a character standpoint I can see where Cox would just be totally annoyed by Jackman for being a singing and dancing nancy boy masquerading as an action star that women drool over.

This is what John C. McGinley had to say on the matter from a 2006 interview with TV Squad: "I think it's because the creator of the show just can't stand how talented he is. Hugh Jackman is just too talented. For him to have won a Tony, he's Wolverine
, and he's deadly good-looking. He's a great athlete, he can sing and he can dance. That's too much for Billy (Lawrence) to process."

No comments: